Tuesday 19 April 2011

Im nearly there

One of my college lecturers once said to me that "you cant be good at everything" I will be the first to admit that his comments fell on deaf ears.
It has taken me months to realise that he was in fact correct, you cannot, but you can give it a damn good try.
You cannot be good at everything but you can get good as long as you are willing to put the time and effort into reaching the level or place that you want to be.
A good example of this is my recent world skills web design project, a week before the deadline I did not have a clue how to actually make the site I had developed. I decided I was just no good at web design.
My personality being how it is I was determined to ditch my social life and spend all day and every day in college working on that website and hassling the hell out of my teachers when I was stuck so that I could hand it in to a standard that would be high.

Because of my perserverance My web design project was handed in on time and got roughly the same points from the world skills judges as the computer whizz's in my class.

This told me that If I could achieve the same marks as the outstanding students in my class at a subject I was rubbish at I could do absolutley anything.

and I went on to produce some of my best work for my final project.

It just goes to show that if you never give up and you always have FAITH in yourself you can achieve the impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment